Welcome to our guide on how to take care of your silk scrunchies! In this page, we will walk you through the steps to ensure that your scrunchies stay in great condition from the moment they arrive in the mail through their first wash!
When your silk scrunchies arrive, it's important to understand they have traveled! It's time to get out a steamer and get them back to their beautiful, luxurious state you saw them online! Upon first inspection if you notice any issues, please reach out to our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Proper storage is key to maintaining the quality of your silk scrunchies and keeping it's shape. We recommend storing them in a clean and dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture. Using a paper towel holder or towel rack are some of our favorite DIY storage hacks!
Washing and Refreshing
Over time, your silk scrunchies may accumulate oils, dirt, or other residues. It's important to clean them regularly to keep them looking their best. NOTE: Silk should be handwashed with special detergent.
Follow these steps to wash and refresh your silk scrunchies:
- Fill a basin or sink with lukewarm water.
- Add a gentle silk-friendly detergent to the water and mix well.
- Place your silk scrunchies in the soapy water and gently agitate them for a few minutes.
- Rinse the scrunchies thoroughly with cool water to remove any soap residue.
- Gently squeeze out excess water from the scrunchies, taking care not to twist or wring them.
- Place the scrunchies on a clean towel and roll the towel to absorb additional moisture.
- Allow the scrunchies to air dry completely before using or storing them.
It's important to note that silk scrunchies may experience slight color bleeding during the first few washes. This is normal and should not cause any concern. However, if you notice any significant color fading or bleeding, please contact our customer support team for further assistance.
Here are a few additional tips to help you care for your silk scrunchies:
- Avoid exposing your silk scrunchies to excessive heat, such as from hair dryers or styling tools.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or bleach when cleaning your scrunchies.
- If your scrunchies become wrinkled, you can gently steam them or use a cool iron on the silk setting to remove wrinkles.
- Consider rotating your scrunchies to prevent excessive wear on specific ones.
By following these care instructions, you can ensure that your silk scrunchies will stay beautiful for a longer time. The average stretch & lifespan of a scrunchie is about 1 year. If, within that time period, you notice the elastic has become worn or breaking please reach out to us, per our Happy Hair Guarantee.